Browsing Educator Micro-credentials by Title
Now showing 1 - 16 of 16
Results Per Page
- ItemCertifying Competencies and Skills with Micro-credentials in a Global Context(Digital Promise, 2023-06) Rita Fennelly-Atkinson; April WilliamsonIn this session, we introduced our platform of competency-based micro-credentials for educators (https://microcredentials.digitalpromise.org/explore), as well as resources and best practices to support using micro-credentials to meet a variety of adult learner needs across K-12 education, higher education, and workforce contexts. We provided examples of how educational institutions can leverage micro-credentials to recognize and incentivize the implementation of quality pedagogical strategies in any learning environment. In addition, we shared an overview of Digital Promise's global education work, including a case study of how micro-credentials will be leveraged in our blended learning pilot in Haiti, and examined options for using, adapting, and developing micro-credentials in a variety of global contexts.
- ItemCreating Conditions for Powerful Technology Use: Teachers’ Technology Journey in Puerto Rico(Digital Promise, 2021-09) Lopez, Carol; Younge, OdeliaThis case study report synthesizes the findings from the perspective of 14 teachers on their technology journey in Puerto Rico from May 2020 through August 2021, as well as from larger island-wide surveys and data.
- ItemCultivando una Cultura de Coaching para Apoyar el Uso Poderoso de la Tecnología: Resultados del Modelo de Coaching Basado en Retos Piloto en Puerto Rico(Digital Promise and Global Education Exchange Opportunities (GEEO), 2021-08) Lopez, Carol; Younge, OdeliaEste informe de coaching representa los resultados y hallazgos de un piloto de coaching de Global Education Exchange Opportunities (GEEO), con el apoyo de Digital Promise, lanzó con 10 escuelas en todo Puerto Rico de enero a junio de 2021.
- ItemCultivating a Culture of Coaching to Support Powerful Use of Technology: Results from the Challenge-based Coaching Model Pilot in Puerto Rico(Digital Promise and Global Education Exchange Opportunities (GEEO), 2021-08) Lopez, Carol; Younge, OdeliaThis coaching report represents the results and findings from a 6-month coaching pilot that Global Education Exchange Opportunities (GEEO), with the support of Digital Promise, launched with 10 schools across Puerto Rico from January to June 2021.
- ItemDesigning a Process for Micro-credentials at Scale(Digital Promise, 2016)
- ItemDeveloping a System of Micro-credentials: Supporting Deeper Learning in the Classroom(Digital Promise, 2018)
- ItemIntegrating Micro-credentials into Professional Learning: Lessons from Five Districts(Digital Promise, 2020-10) Luke, Christina; Young, Viki M.This white paper captures experiences and insights from educators and administrators as their districts integrated micro-credentials in support of professional learning around computational thinking as part of the Computational Thinking for Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) Challenge Collaborative.
- ItemMicro-credentials and Education Policy in the United States: Recognizing Learning and Leadership for Our Nation's Teachers(Digital Promise, 2019-06) Berry, Barnett; Byrd, P. AnnThis paper points to teaching policy issues that need to be addressed if micro-credentials are going to spur the transformation of professional learning that researchers call for and teachers seek. The paper also documents what a growing number of states and districts, as well as the nation's largest teachers' union, are doing with micro-credentials.
- ItemMicro-credentials for Impact: Holding Professional Learning to High Standards(Digital Promise, 2016) Crow, Tracy
- ItemMicro-credentials: Driving teacher learning & leadership(Digital Promise, 2016)
- ItemMicro-credentials: Igniting Impact in the Ecosystem(Digital Promise, 2016)